Nifty Product: Cavender's Greek Seasoning
This stuff is The Secret! It has a peppery, salty, complex flavor that is the perfect compliment to almost anything you want to cook. Our favorite is boneless pork chops generously sprinkled with this on both sides. Put them in a baking dish, add a little water, then cover with foil. Cook until tender, then remove the foil and let them brown a little. You'll have tender, flavorful chops without fat that don't need any other sauce or added ingredients. Chicken is marvelous cooked the same way. Another 'good for the diet' suggestion is fajitas made with sliced chicken or pork which has been fried with Cavender's in a non-stick skillet. Combine that with lettuce, tomato, reduced fat cheese and you have an excellent healthy alternative to tacos. My recipe list goes on and on.....Greek salad with marinated chicken and feta cheese, egg salad with Olive Oil mayo and Cavender's to give it spice, and even hamburgers cooked as a hamburger steak (southern way but without the bun to save the carbs in the bread). I discovered just the other day that eating my boiled eggs is the BOMB dipped in a little Cavender's instead of salt and pepper.
I am seriously never without this stuff in my kitchen. I've never tried it on dessert, but it's a part of so much that I cook that I can't imagine not having it. It's a key part of how I'm keeping the food flavorful and interesting when so many diet recipes are pretty bland. It tenderizes too! You can find it and a salt-free version (in a blue trimmed bottle) in almost any store. My WalMart carries it in two sizes. For suggestions on cooking, this would be my absolute first recommendation for keeping that 'kick' in your food when removing other bad things like sweet marinades, mayonnaise, etc.
For more information and a few recipe suggestions, check out their website at www.greekseasoning.com I wouldn't waste the money to order it shipped unless you just can't find it anywhere though, because it's widely available in most grocery stores.

1 Comments:
Good stuff.
Post a Comment
<< Home