Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Nifty Tip: how much water???

Are you drinking enough water every day? Do you even know how much you're supposed to drink? I didn't, but I realized I wasn't getting enough regardless. My mother suggested I buy a nifty water bottle and use that to control and monitor how much I'm actually getting.

But then....how much? Everyone says "eight glasses a day", but how much is 'a glass'? I found this nifty little tool that you might want to try.

http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm

There's a series of little questions at the top that you answer one at a time and it generates a total for you. Mine tells me I should be consuming 148.5 ounces of water on the days that I exercise and 142.5 ounces on the days I don't. They comes out to an average of 6 bottles of water a day. Starting tomorrow, that's my next goal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home