Thursday, June 23, 2011

I thought I had it all figured out

** Just five months ago, I thought the idea of walking to the end of my road (a grand total of 2 blocks) was just beyond me.

***** I know I can walk 3.1 miles.


** I thought I would never be able to work all day without constant pain in my knee, forcing me to sit down far too much.

***** I know I can walk the halls of a school from 7:30 til 5:30, and still be walking when it's time to go to my car. (tired, YES, but walking!)


** I thought nobody in the world could help heal my heart.

***** I know the support of a sister can move mountains, work miracles, change every day forward from here and most importantly, heal the sick of body and heart.


** I thought losing 10 pounds was a lofty goal to be wished for but probably not seen.

***** I know what losing 50 feels like.


** I thought the 'big goal' of 50 pounds would be enough to feel I'd done something.

***** I know I want 150.


** I thought it was really wonderful and supportive of my step-father to promise he would walk with me, even though I knew it would never be possible.

***** Have I mentioned I know I can walk a 5K at 3.1 miles?


** I thought I would lose momentum and have to fight my way back after every single bump in the road.

***** I know that hasn't happened.


** I thought I would blow my left knee again and lose everything.

***** I know my knee can do the treadmill, the bike, the NuStep, swimming, aquajogging, a 5K, weight machines, an exercise ball.....


** I thought 30 minutes of exercise was impossible because it was 29 minutes too long.

***** I know I can do almost anything I want badly enough for 2 minutes....oh wait, I mean 15 minutes.....hmmmm.....better make that 30 minutes....


** I thought my life was never going to be right again.

***** Now I know better.



Today, five months after this journey began, I know that I can lose 50 pounds because I've done it. I didn't get here alone, and I didn't get here as fast as some others have, and I didn't do it easily. But there's more where that came from, and I know I can do it. Next goal, 75 pounds by September 15!

4 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Blogger Trailshome said...

Through tears of joy, I'm reading of your progress and can only say, I knew you could do it, and you will continue. I'm so very proud of you and happy that you've taken your life back. You go GIRL! I love you bunches. And I especially love the wonderful person you're taking back. Wonderful, wonderful.

 
At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are truly an amazing person, Kimster.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Liz Henderson (Hendel D'bu) said...

I can't tell you how good it was to read this - what a model to others...and to me. Thanks.

Well done, my friend. Well done.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Doc P said...

Kimmie... *YOU* are making things happen for *YOU*. I am so proud of you! You are so amazingly strong and determined and such an inspiration to us all. Keep up the good work as we watch the next 25 slide off of you like butter off a hot roll **mmmmm rolllllll**. bwaaa haaaa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home