That 25 Mile-Marker

Last week I suddenly popped over 25 pounds lost and was surprised that it felt like a real milestone. My first goal was 20, so of course my next one was higher, but I started dividing my goals by 25 to see how far I've come. This makes me 1/6 of the way done!
But then, the inevitable happens and I'm back up a pound. It's alright, I'm sure it will come back down, because there are SO MANY reasons this happens when you're losing weight. Instead of being depressed I'm going to do something positive this morning and then go to the Y. Work it off Girl! I thought it might be fun to look at the top 5 products that have helped me get this far. Maybe there's something in this list you have haven't tried.
1) Quakes Rice Cakes, Salt and Pepper, made by Quakers.
There are several flavors of these, but I really love the Cracked Pepper ones. On Points Plus, I can have 16 of these for 3 points. For me they are filling, just the right bit of spicy, and a nice snack to take with me for the day.
2) Smoked White Turkey hot dogs, made by Ball Park Franks
I LOVE these hot dogs! But be warned, they don't taste like hot dogs. These aren't the typical dog in a bun, but they seriously just taste like eating white turkey. Don't pass out readers....I eat them cold, right out of the package. It's just turkey! But, it's a self-contained, exactly 1 Points Plus serving of turkey that I honestly like. I eat them quite a bit and use them as protein when I'm feeling particularly hungry. Don't knock'em until you try'em, but just be prepared that they really aren't a substitute for the taste of a normal hot dog. These are $1.80 a package at Walmart.
3) Chickarina Soup, made by Progresso
OO boy, this is some of the best soup to ever come out of a can! What does it for me is that it's a self-contained lunch. I go home, pull out one can of soup from my cabinet, and control my lunch intake that way. This soup is really very good, with flavorful chicken broth, little meatballs, and funny pasta circles. Of my new soup habit this one is my favorite. I'm out so I can't look up the Points value, but I think it's 6 for the whole can. I buy them from WalMart for about $2.25.
4) Veggie Crisps chips, made by Clancey's
I couldn't find a link for these, but they're made by Clancy's sold at Aldi Food Stores. In our Greenwood location they're on the left as soon as you walk in the door. These chips are SO good! I have serious problems giving up salty foods (MUCH harder than sweet treats!) so for me these are really helpful. Just like the Quakes minis, I count them into a snack bag and take them along for the day. You can have 30 of these crispy little chips for 3 Points.
5) Sunrise Ruby Red Grapefruit drink mix, made by Crystal Light
I keep a 2-qt jug mixed up with this juice all the time in my fridge and keep my water bottles filled from it. This mix is tart, tangy, just a little sweet, and just really good! Unlike many drink mixes, this one has a 'pulpy' look to it (not completely clear) that somehow mentally feels more like a real fruit juice. It's pretty strong so I sometimes fill my individual bottles up about 3/4 of the way and fill the rest with ice or water. It's not really a grapefruit taste but more like a tangy orange. The package I linked above is a little white plastic box with 6 packages that make 2 qts each and I buy them at WalMart. No Points at all in this one.
So there ya have it! Except for the Veggie Crisps I buy all this at WalMart or Bi-Lo for very close to the same price. These have helped me find a comfort level where I'm moving from day to day without fighting with myself wanting specific bad foods. Give'em a try!

3 Comments:
Faaaaaaan-tastic! That's quite a goal, and it's certainly worth celebrating. Wonderful, wonderful! I'm so very happy for you.
You're on your way, and have a great attitude about this journey into a new and better self. Way to go!
Connnngratulations Kimster!
umm, 25 pounds was a longgg time ago =)
Post a Comment
<< Home