Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Myrtle Beach, SC 12/30/05

We hit the SP to use my pass again and do a little hiking. Jim set off to do the longer walk, while Robert and I hit the trail with clues in hand. We didn't find the one we were looking for because the clues were referring to another box in another location! I'll try next time I get to the park.

We DID find the one where Aunt Linda and Amy did their first, and only, boxing trip with us. It's in good shape and as I flipped back one year...two years....I wanted but DIDN'T want to see her page all at the same time. There it was though. :-/ I almost pulled the page from the book and took it home but I've never done that and I'm glad Robert stopped me. Instead I emailed the placer and he has my little story on his website now. That day in our memory will forever be in the logbook, and in my heart when I hike that trail.

All in all, that was a pretty short walk but hey-- I had to start somewhere! LOL

Stats for the day:

1 old box revisited
1 box missed
hike probably about half a mile, maybe more

1 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Blogger Trailshome said...

Good thing you didn't pull that page, you'd have had some BAAAAAD karma over that one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home